Sea salt. Caramel. Dark chocolate. Pretzels. Okay, really…need I say more!? Probably not, but for the sake of my post, I will continue on…
These rich and creamy cookies are seriously the best. Maybe one of my favorite cookies. I love dark chocolate chip cookies, I could eat them everyday. But the sea salt caramel really took these to a whole new level. I think you should drop what you are doing right now and get started on these delicious, chewy, soft, little bites of heaven! What makes these cookies unique is the crunch you get in every bite from the pretzels. The pretzels also add a little bit of a salty kick that perfectly compliments the sea salt caramel.
Okay enough talk, let’s get started.
So you have your ingredients ready? Great. Soften your butter and beat with brown sugar, egg, and vanilla until nice and creamy. About 2 minutes. Add your flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir in your dark chocolate, sea salt caramel, and pretzels. Once you get your dough ready, I like to let it chill in the fridge while the oven preheats.
Okay, we are getting close!
Once your oven preheats, take the dough out of the fridge and form into 1 inch balls and place on your baking sheet. I can almost smell and taste these delicious cookies as I type! What I love about these cookies is that they bake fast! Less than 10 minutes. I really wouldn’t suggest cooking these any longer than 7 minutes. They will continue to cook when you take them out of the oven and let them cool on your baking sheet or a cookie rack. You don’t want to over bake because these cookies are supposed to be soft and chewy.
You will want to eat up all of these cookies the moment they come out of the oven. Even the smell they will create in your house as you bake will make your hungry! Mmm. I am getting excited for you to experience salty, creamy, caramel-y, chocolaty, cookies!
So I made these cookies for a game night my husband and I had with our two great friends, Alex & Shelbi. Let me tell you, these cookies were gone quick! The four of us really did some work on these little guys as we battled it out in Cataan (if you have never played this game you are missing out!). I hope you enjoy these cookies as much as we did!
Okay enough talk- go get to bakin’! (:
Lots of love,
Sea Salt Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies
Sea Salt Caramel, dark chocolate, and pretzels come together to make a delicious cookie that will have your pouring yourself another glass of milk!
Write a review
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 stick butter softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup sea salt caramel chips
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup pretzels
- In a large mixing bowl add butter and brown sugar. Mix on medium speed until light and fluffy about 2 minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix for another 2 minutes.
- Next, add flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Stir in chocolate chips and sea salt caramel chips by hand. Add chopped pretzels or mini pretzels and stir till everything is well combined.
- While the oven preheats to 350 degrees, place dough in the fridge.
- Drop 1 inch balls of dough onto cookie baking sheet and bake for 7-8 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Pour yourself a glass of milk, and enjoy!