This Coconut Oil Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe is a HUGE winner in my book. It’s easy to make, uses coconut oil instead of butter so you don’t have to feel so guilty eating a dozen (they are small, trust me you might eat this many!!) This is truly one of my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipes ever! Probably one of my favorite cookie recipes period. They are so soft, so chewy, and so delectable. I can’t even count how many times I have made these cookies at home! They are that good my friends. You will want to bake them over and over again-I’m sure of it.
What I love about these cookies is that there is NO butter and NO sugar! Instead, this recipe calls for coconut oil and coconut sugar. So if you are a lover of coconut, you will absolutely love these cookies.
A little background on coconut sugar:
Coconut sugar is the boiled and dehydrated sap of the coconut palm, and it is caramel colored with a taste that is similar to that of brown sugar. It can be a substitute for white or brown sugar in most recipes. Coconut sugar does contain nutrients that come from the coconut palm such as iron, zinc, calcium, and potassium. It also has a lower fructose than most sweeteners. Coconut sugar is not a miracle food, but it does have more benefits than table sugar, which makes it a great substitute! Plus, it adds a delicious coconut sweetness to your recipes. It’s really a win-win!
Okay enough talk. Let’s get baking!
- 1 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 c. coconut oil (This is a great deal! Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil, Virgin, 15 Ounce (Pack of 2))
- 1/2 c. coconut sugar (I use this-Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Coconut Sugar, 16-Ounce or this Trader Joes Organic Coconut Sugar)
- 1 egg
- 1 c. dark chocolate chips
- Melt coconut oil and place in a large mixing bowl with coconut sugar. Mix on medium speed until nice and smooth.
- Add egg and mix until well blended.
- Add dry ingredients and mix on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Gently fold in chocolate chips with your hands or a spoon.
- Form dough into 1 inch balls and place on a baking sheet.
- Chill in the fridge for an hour or in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Bake for 10 minutes until nice and golden.
- Let cool and enjoy with a glass of milk!
- Don't skip chilling the cookie dough! If you do, cookies will be very runny when you bake them due to the coconut oil.