Ooey gooey mozzarella cheese, fresh avocado, red onion, chives, and golden chicken sit atop a bed of crispy sweet potato fries. Drizzle salsa on top and voila! This quick and easy dinner is sure to be a hit for the whole family! And the best part…easy clean up!! This meal requires one baking sheet. Who doesn’t love an easy peasy clean up after dinner?
Nachos are the best. They are truly a classic American favorite. But let’s face it. Our bodies can’t always afford to eat those delicious crispy tortillas chips smothered with a not-so-healthy cheese sauce. But we can’t just say goodbye to nachos forever can we?! Certainly not. That’s why I created this easy and healthier version of nachos for you and your family. As an added bonus, I feel like this version of nachos is more filling than regular nachos so you can eat less and still be full. Whether you’re cooking up your own fries from a sweet potato or cheating like I occasionally do and picking up a bag of frozen sweet potato fries they’re full of tons more nutrients than fried corn tortilla chips. Topped with black beans, onions, avocado, and chives-these nachos are truly satisfying and a perfect dinner option!
My favorite part of this meal…the cheese of course! While in the oven, some of the cheese turns golden on top and other pieces fall onto the baking sheet and turn into a delicious crispy mozzarella goodness!
Okay..I’m already hungry for more! We better get cooking in the kitchen. Grab your apron and let’s get started!
- 1 bag frozen sweet potato fries
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 can black beans
- 1/4 red onion
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 avocado
- handful of chives
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Drizzle olive oil on a baking sheet and evenly spread out the fries.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- While baking, chop chicken into little cubes and cook in a pan until golden. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Chop onion, chives, and avocado.
- When fries are done, move them all to the center of the baking sheet.
- Top with black beans, onions, chicken, and cheese.
- Bake for 10 more minutes until fries are crispy and cheese is melty and golden on top.
- Let cool for 5 minutes. Top with a handful of chives and avocado.
- Drizzle salsa on top and enjoy!
- You can substitute any of these ingredients and make these nachos truly your own! Try adding green chilis, bell pepper, or cheddar cheese for a different take on these healthier nachos.