Dark chocolate is my weakness, my downfall, my greatest temptation. I simply cannot resist. You lay a chocolate bar in front of me, and I’m gonna take it. No hesitations.
And peanut butter. Hmm, let’s talk about peanut butter for a second. Creamy, salty, purely addictive. I’m obsessed with peanut butter. On a waffle, apple, classic PB & J sandwich…you just CAN’T go wrong with peanut butter!
Whoever thought to combine peanut butter and chocolate was a pure genius. A mastermind. Reese’s peanut butter cups have always been one of my favorite candies. The first thing I reach for in the Halloween bag. The one thing I’m unwilling to share. And oh boy. Let’s talk about the dark chocolate peanut butter cups from Trader Joe’s. BRILLIANT.
Okay so now you know about my obsession with chocolate and peanut butter. And I am warning you now, if you love chocolate and peanut butter as much as I do, these homemade chocolate peanut butter cups are highly addictive! You won’t be able to stop eating them. They taste so much better than store bought Reese’s and are so fun and easy to make! You can whip up a batch of these bad boys in less than 30 minutes.
- 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Line a mini muffin tin with papers.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter and peanut putter for 30 seconds.
- Stir until smooth.
- Add graham cracker crumbs and sugar. Mix to combine.
- Place mixture evenly into the prepared muffin cups.
- Place in the fridge and let chill for 10 minutes.
- Microwave chocolate for 30 second intervals until nice and smooth.
- When peanut butter is done chilling, distribute chocolate evenly on top of the peanut butter layer.
- Chill until firm about 20 minutes.
- Store covered in the fridge.