You have got to start your morning with this coconut granola! It makes a delicious breakfast or snack to munch on throughout your day. It has the perfect amount of sweetness without all the sugar. It is perfectly loaded with coconut flavor thanks to the coconut oil and the shredded coconut. If you aren’t a lover of coconut like me, then this granola might not be for you. Don’t worry, I have a few other granola recipes in the works.
This granola is loaded with shredded coconut, coconut oil, honey, pecans and almonds. It has tons of coconut flavor and big clusters with the perfect amount of sweetness with no added sugar. I L-O-V-E granola. I can eat it on a yogurt parfait, pancakes, cereal, or by itself. My latest obsession is eating cereal with a handful of granola on top. Mmmm. It adds a perfect crunch to my cereal and makes me SO happy! The problem is, most sore bought granola is loaded with sugar. Hence, I needed to create the perfect granola with less sugar for my longed-for morning breakfast.
I was so satisfied with how this recipe turned out! When baking, the sweetest coconut aroma filled the house. I was dying to eat spoonful after spoonful! I made myself resist when I pulled it out of the oven, because as it cools it will get crispier, which is really what you want.
Feel free to add dark chocolate chips or sunflower seeds! Whatever you do, do bake this granola asap.
- 1 c. oats
- 1/4 c. honey
- 1/4 c. maple syrup
- 1/4 c. coconut oil (my favorite- Trader Joes Organic Coconut Oil (2-Pack) [Misc.] [Misc.])
- handful of almonds and pecans (substitute any nut you like!)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- dash of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- In a bowl, add melted coconut oil, maple syrup, and honey. Mix until smooth.
- Add oats, cinnamon and coconut. Stir till well combined.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Evenly spread the oatmeal mixture on baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes. At 15 minutes toss the granola with a spatula.
- At 30 minutes, add the almonds and pecans.
- Bake for 15 more minutes.
- Let rest for 15 minutes until the granola crisps up.