I LOVE TRADER JOE’S. You guys. I’m not kidding. I L-O-V-E Trader Joe’s. And then I love it some more.
I love walking into beautiful fresh flowers and herbs. I love seeing the bright colors of fruits and vegetables. I love there variety of exotic pastas and olive oils that I’ve never seen. And I absolutely love the delicious samples of sweet treats and coffee that they offer in the back of the store. I mean really, walking around drinking coffee and eating an almond danish, could my grocery shopping experience get any better? I don’t think so my friend. I do not think so.
Grocery shopping is a highlight of my week. I know, a lot of you might be thinking I’m crazy. Most people don’t like grocery shopping, especially if they have kids. However, I am an exception. I can spend hours walking around Trader Joe’s looking at the variety of cheeses, baked goods, and vegetables. I enjoy when my husband goes grocery shopping with me, but I have to be honest, sometimes I prefer to go alone so I can aimlessly walk the store with no worry in the world.
I’m usually pretty good about meal planning and knowing exactly what I need to buy at the store. But sometimes, I like to go to Trader Joe’s, no plan in mind, and walk around until ingredients pop off the shelves. This meal was inspired by one of the aforementioned shopping trips.
My friends, this meal is so easy. Dinner was ready in no time. And let me tell you. It was delicious. The Lemon Pepper Pappardelle Pasta is absolutely perfect. There is a hint of lemon that makes this dish irresistible and so fresh. All I did was toss this pasta with fresh thyme and olive oil. The Les Petites Carrots are just adorable. I saw them in the store and immediately placed them in my cart, knowing something delicious would come from them. Again, all I did was toss the carrots in olive oil, thyme, and salt.
Voila! Easiest Trader Joe’s dinner ever and oh so delicious.
- 1 package TJ's Lemon Pepper Pappardelle Pasta
- 1 package TJ's Les Petites Carrots of Many Colors
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 tablespoon thyme together.
- Add carrots and salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread evenly on baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes until carrots are soft.
- Bring water to a bowl in medium pot. Add a pinch of salt.
- Add pasta and cook for 7-8 minutes (al dente).
- Drain pasta and return to pan.
- Add 1 tablespoon thyme, 2 tablespoons olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Stir to combine and enjoy along side the Les Petites Carrots.