These delicious muffins are made with whole wheat flour, oats, and apples. They get a lot of their sweetness from the apple and cinnamon, so it’s okay if you have more than one. I won’t tell! These muffins are so moist and go perfect with a tall glass of milk or a cup of coffee in the morning.
These muffins are extremely easy to make and very adaptable. I like baking with coconut oil and whole wheat flour. But feel free to substitute with your favorite flour, butter, or oil! Try adding your favorite nuts to add a bit of crunch, or use honey instead of sugar. Really, the possibilities are endless. In the end, you won’t be sorry you made these wholesome apple and oat muffins!
Homemade and sweet, these muffins are just the thing you need to fill you up when you need a quick breakfast or afternoon snack. I promise, they are better than any muffin you’ll grab from the bakery… and way cheaper! You can thank me later. (;
- 2 c. whole wheat flour
- 1 cup oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped apple
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1/2 cup coconut oil or butter
- 3/4 c. brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix softened butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs, milk, and vanilla.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture.
- Line a muffin sheet with liners.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden on top but moist inside.