This quick and easy crockpot recipe is perfect for those busy weekday nights! Throw some chicken and barbecue sauce in the crockpot in the morning, and bake the sweet potatoes in the oven when you get home from work. Voila! It’s that easy! You got yourself an easy peasy dinner that’s hearty and full of flavor, so even your pickiest of eaters will enjoy. The chicken marinates and cooks in the barbecue sauce in the crockpot on low for 6 hours, making the chicken oh so tender and oh so full of that delicious barbecue flavor. The sweetness of the sweet potato combined with the smokiness of the BBQ sauce is truly just amazing. This recipe can be enjoyed on those busy weekday nights, but trust me, you won’t only love this recipe for its convenience, easy clean up, and quick assembly. You will love the flavors found in this recipe and the “mmmmm’s” you get around the dinner table.
Oh and did I mention this recipe is Whole 30 approved?! I LOVE the Whole 30 eating plan. It makes you feel great and the food is amazing. What’s not to love about that?! My husband and I did the Whole 30 a few months back, and this was one of our go-to recipes. The first time I made this recipe, my husband and I were sitting at the table eating and I remembered my husband doesn’t like BBQ sauce!! I immediately became concerned, asked him why he didn’t say anything, and insisted on making him something else to eat. To my relief, he was loving the meal. It quickly became a household favorite, and we continue to enjoy this meal even when we aren’t on the Whole 30. We currently aren’t on it, but we are wanting to do it again soon, so I will have MANY more recipes coming your way soon!
Roll up your sleeves and get to eating this tasty (but kind of messy) Whole 30 approved crockpot barbecue chicken stuffed sweet potatoes!
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breast
- 4 sweet potatoes
- Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper
- Barbecue sauce (I recommend Top Sellers Pack)
- Place your chicken in your crockpot and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Generously pour barbecue sauce to cover your entire chicken (about 1 cup).
- Cook chicken on low for 6 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake sweet potatoes in the oven for 45 minutes or until soft.
- Shred chicken in the crockpot and stir so all is entirely covered in barbecue sauce.
- Allow sweet potatoes to cool for a while so you can open them up without burning your fingers!
- Place a generous amount of shredded chicken in the sweet potato and drizzle with extra barbecue sauce.
- I used a barbecue sauce I found at Trader Joe's, but it is NOT whole 30 approved. For whole 30 barbecue sauce I LOVE Tessemae's! You can find their top sellers here---> Top Sellers Pack