Okay. I’m going to admit it. I am guilty of eating the cookie dough every time I make a batch of cookies. I can’t help it! Okay so now that I confessed, it’s okay if you admit it too! Don’t be ashamed. We all do it. We all sneak spoonfuls of that delicious cookie dough when no one is looking. And that’s okay because it is just so good! That’s why I had to make these cookie dough bars to satisfy all of our cravings.
You guys. These really taste like cookie dough. I mean really. I wouldn’t lie to you! This dessert is SO easy to whip up, and you wouldn’t even know it’s that the real stuff. The best part-they are egg-less so you get all that yummy cookie dough flavor without the dangers of eating raw egg. Okay you know what else is awesome about these bars? They require no baking! They are so easy my friends. All you gotta do is mix up all the ingredients and let them chill in the fridge.
These cookie dough bars are filled with some of the best ingredients out there: dark chocolate, peanut butter, and sweetened condensed milk. I mean really. It doesn’t get much better than that!
- ½ c. butter, softened
- ¾ c. packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 c. flour
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk (Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk, 14 oz)
- 1 c. dark chocolate chips
- ¼ c. peanut butter
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Line a 8x8 pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add the softened butter and brown sugar and mix until it is fluffy. Add vanilla and beat until well mixed. Add 1/4 c. Peanut butter.
- Alternate adding the flour and the sweetened condensed milk until well combined. Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Press the cookie dough into the pan.
- Place in the fridge until fully chilled, about 2 hours or refrigerate overnight.
- For the topping, combine the peanut butter and chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave until smooth.
- Pour topping evenly over the top of the dough and chill in the fridge at least for 1 hour until firm.