Okay, how cute are these guys? They are like little mini pies. Tiny little individual lemon pies-it can’t get much cuter than that! Why are small things always cuter? I kind of have an obsession with tiny thing and with lemon flavored anything. Although these mini lemon pies take a bit of time to make, they are so worth every bite and are sure to impress!
These little lemon dessert bites are filled with zest, sprinkled with powdered sugar, and topped with a delight of fresh whipped cream. Everything is better with whipped cream my friends. They are perfect to take to a BBQ or simply for a summer’s afternoon treat!
Summer is almost here, which means I get to start baking and cooking with fresh fruits and vegetables! I absolutely love this time of year and all the fresh recipes that come with it. Put away the scarves and pull out the dresses! Open up the windows and let the summer’s breeze enter in! Not only is it time to have fresh flowers on the dinner table every week, it’s also time to make all the lemon inspired desserts.
I love these little lemon bites. They have a sweet cookie crust and are filled with an easy-to-make lemon filling. Topped with homemade whipped cream, these really can’t get any yummier.
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ c. flour
- 1 stick butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 eggs and 2 egg yolks
- ¼ c. whipping cream
- juice from 1 large lemon
- ¼ c. sugar
- lemon zest
- dash of vanilla
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- ½ cup whipping cream
- dash of vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray mini muffin tin or grease with butter.
- In a large bowl, combine melted butter and sugar. Beat on medium speed until fluffy.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Add flour and sugar and mix until combined.
- Refrigerate dough until chilled.
- Divide the dough into 24 small balls and place on muffin tin.
- Use your fingers to gently press the dough unto and up the tin.
- Combine all the ingredients in large bowl and mix well.
- Slowly pour the filling into the cookie cups about 3/4 of the way.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cookie crust is golden and lemon filling is set.
- Allow to cool.
- Add the ingredients to a medium bowl, and using an electric mixer, beat on high speed until fluffy.
- Spread or pipe desired amount of cream on cooled lemon bites.
- Sprinkle cooled cookie cups with powdered sugar for an added sweetness and pretty look!