I have a wonderful puff pastry dessert for you today that is perfect for the holiday season. And honestly, this recipe couldn’t be easier. It calls for three ingredients. You guys, three ingredients! But you would never know how simple and easy this recipe is because they look absolutely gorgeous. Your friends and family will be wowed by these delicious little puff pastry desserts at your next holiday party!
I used store bought puff pastry, because it is SO easy to work worth. I haven’t attempted to make my own pastry yet…I have to admit I am a little intimidated by homemade pastry! I’ve seen them make it on the Great British Baking Show, and it looks like no easy feat. For now I will stick with the easy and still delicious store bought puff pastry! (:
Sugar plum jam, in case you haven’t heard of it, is a rich plum flavored jam enhanced with sweet notes of orange. It is incredible cozy and delicious in this recipe and you can also use the leftover from the jar on toast, scones, or muffins. Your holiday mornings will be made dreamy by this sugar plum jam.
Filled with sugar plum jam and dusted with snow, I mean powdered sugar, these puff pastry squares are so festive and will bring holiday cheer to any get together this season.
- 1 puff pastry sheet (I use Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheets, 17 Oz (Frozen))
- Sugar Plum Jam
- Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Allow puff pastry sheet to thaw completely.
- Once thawed, cut into 12 squares and place on lined baking sheet.
- Mark each square with an L in each corner.
- Place desired amount of jam in the center. I did about 1 1/2 teaspoons.
- Fold in the corners so they meet in the middle.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until edges start to turn golden.
- Allow to cool and sprinkle desired amount of powdered sugar on each.
- When I took my puff pastries out of the oven, I added a little bit more jam to the centers because I love this sugar plum jam! You can play around with how much you add depending on your preference.